Program Operations Bureau
Our bureau handles licensing and Medicare/Medicaid certification of Health Facility Regulations, Certified Nurse Aide Registry, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act, and the Health Facility Dispute Resolution Process. Please continue browsing for more information.
The health facilities section of the program operations bureau handles State Licensure, and Medicare and Medicaid Federal Certification for long-term care and medical care facilities, as well as enforcement and investigations of Health Facility Complaints.
- Licensing a Health Facility — Information and instructions on how to apply for a health facility license.
- Health Facility Complaints — File a complaint against a health facility for possible ANE.
- Health Facility Survey Reports — Find a health facility survey report.
- Health Facility Dispute Resolution Process — Information is available for assisted living facilities, nursing homes, home health agencies, and for Medicare funded SNF. Visit the page for details on the dispute process.
State Operations Manual
The Social Security Act mandates the establishment of minimum health and safety and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act standards that must be met by providers and suppliers participating in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. The Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services has designated Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to administer the standards compliance aspects of these programs.
Please read the Medicare & Medicaid Services State Operations Manual for complete details.
Please visit the Regulations page for a complete listing of the rules and regulations which govern the majority of what we do.
- Incident Management System Guide for All Licensed Health Care Facilities (Guide)
- Informal Dispute Resolution Committee Operating Rules (Rules, Regulations & Protocols)
- Independent Informal Dispute Resolution Policy & Procedures (Rules, Regulations & Protocols)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act Historical Information (General)
- Independent Informal Dispute Resolution Request Form (Form)
- Live Blood Cell Analysis Under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (General)