McKinley County Public Health Office Hosts Immunization Clinics
The New Mexico Department of Health’s McKinley County Public Health Office will be hosting a back to school immunization clinic at 1919 College Drive in Gallup on the following dates.
- Monday, August 4, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, August 7, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 8, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Monday, August 11, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, August 14, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 15, 2014 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The immunization clinic is open to the public and immunizations will be administered at no cost. All parents have to do is bring a copy of their child’s shot record and Medicaid or private health insurance card if they have one.
The special clinic is part of the Got Shots? Protect Tots! immunization campaign. The New Mexico Department of Health, the New Mexico Immunization Coalition (NMIC), the New Mexico Primary Care Association (NMPCA), and healthcare providers from across the state are partnering again to host immunization clinics from August 2nd through the 16th for children 18 years old and younger.
For more information on the no-charge immunization clinic, call the McKinley County Public Health Office at 505-722-4391.
Childhood immunizations are the most effective preventive health intervention, resulting in a 90% reduction in vaccine preventable diseases since the 1950s. Immunizations are required for children attending day care and school.
We would be happy to provide additional information about this press release. Simply contact David Morgan at 575-528-5197 (Office) or 575-649-0754 (Mobile) with your questions.