Each February, the American Dental Association (ADA) sponsors National Children's Dental Health Month to raise awareness about the importance of oral health. NCDHM messages and materials have reached millions of people in communities across the country.
Getting the flu feels awful. Sometimes it can even be dangerous and lead to severe illness and complications, including death. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccination each year. Click the banner above to learn what you need to do to fight the flu anywhere you go.
Feelings add spark to life. They can be both satisfying and upsetting. Feelings try to tell us something, usually about what we need to feel content. Toddlers will tell you what is going on by expressing strong feelings: shrieking for joy or screaming in anger. Toddlers have an uncontrollable desire to find out about themselves and their world.
It's been in the news a lot lately in New Mexico and nationwide: a virus that’s making hundreds of children around the country very sick, and in some cases even sending them to hospitals with severe coughing and trouble breathing. Learn who is at risk, how to protect yourself, what the symptoms are, how it is diagnosed, how it’s treated, and more.
Join the hundreds of thousands of moms who receive free text messages throughout their pregnancy and their baby's first year. You'll receive critical health tips timed to where you are in your pregnancy, critical health and safety tips timed to your baby’s age up to baby’s first birthday.
- State Senate Reconfirms Secretary of Health Retta Ward (02/27/2015)
- New Mexico Behavioral Health Institute Receives Joint Commission Accreditation (02/25/2015)
- Valentine’s Day Not the Only Reason to Think about Your Heart (02/11/2015)
- The Importance of Good Dental Health (02/09/2015)
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (02/05/2015)
- Celebrating and Preparing for Our Golden Years (02/04/2015)
- Increase in Vaccine Exemptions (01/29/2015)
- Care for Your Eyes to Make Them Last for Life (01/28/2015)
- Listeria Outbreak Linked to Caramel Apples (12/19/2014)
- NMDOH Investigating Measles Case in New Mexico Resident (12/03/2014)
- Decline in Teen Birth Rates (12/18/2014)
- First Flu-Related Deaths of the Season (01/09/2015)
- Grand Opening of New WIC Office (11/14/2014)
- Norovirus Cases Increasing in New Mexico (12/12/2014)
- Hantavirus Death of McKinley County Man (12/04/2014)
- NMDOH Working with CDC to Rule Out Ebola in Patient (Update) (08/18/2014)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School Sandoval County (Health Data)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School San Juan County (Health Data)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School San Miguel County (Health Data)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School Santa Fe County (Health Data)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School Sierra County (Health Data)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School Socorro County (Health Data)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School Taos County (Health Data)
- YRRS Report 2013: Middle School Torrance County (Health Data)
- Birth Record Search Application (Form)
- Death Record Search Application (Form)
- EMS Licensing Renewal and Audit List (General)
- Certificate of Exemption from Immunization (Form)
- School & Daycare Immunization Requirements 2014-2015 (Rules & Regulations)
- Renter's Guide (Guide)
- EMS License Verification Report (General)
- Alcohol Poisoning Deaths in New Mexico and the US 2008-2012 (Newsletter)