Healthy Kids New Mexico
A project of the New Mexico Department of Health and state and local partners, Healthy Kids New Mexico creates healthy environments and programs to give kids what they need to play well, eat well, learn well, and live healthy and full lives. Because, simply put, healthy eating and physical activity are two lifestyle choices that prevent obesity and subsequent chronic disease.
Teachers, parents, community leaders and policymakers will find information, resources and activities here to help New Mexico's children grow up healthy.
Together, we can reduce the trend of overweight and obese children by shaping and nurturing our own children’s healthy eating and active living habits, creating and sustaining healthy environments, and promoting positive health policies.
- Decrease Reported in New Mexico Obesity Rate (September 5, 2014)
- Local Students Get a Taste of Something New (March 12, 2014)
- Decline in Childhood Obesity Rates in 3rd Graders (March 11, 2014)
- Restaurants Encourage Healthy Eating on the Go (December 25, 2013)
- Success Stories of Cibola County
- Success Stories of Curry County
- Success Stories of Guadalupe County
- Success Stories of Lake Arthur
- Success Stories of McKinley County
- Success Stories of the Mescalero Apache Tribe
This page is currently in the process of being revised and may not contain all of the information available.
Please visit the Website Archive for all the complete information on this topic. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition period.