Scientific Laboratory Division
The Scientific Laboratory Division (SLD) is the sole public health, environmental, and drug laboratory for New Mexico. It conducts tests for infectious diseases threatening people, livestock and wildlife, as well as for hazardous materials and pollutants in our water, air and milk. It also tests for alcohol and drugs in DWI criminal cases and for autopsy cases. Over the course of a year, the lab performs more than 350,000 tests on nearly 80,000 samples.
Our mission is to provide analytical laboratory support services and scientific advisement services for tax-supported agencies and groups or entities administering health and environmental programs for New Mexico citizens.
We are a member in good standing of Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) and our division is proud to currently hold the following accreditations and certifications.
- American Board of Forensic Toxicology Certificate (ABFT)
- College of American Pathologists Certificate (CAP)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments Certificate (CLIA)
- Food and Drug Administration Certificate (FDA)
- Enviromental Protection Agency Drinking Water Certificate for Organic Chemistry & Microbiology (EPA)
- Enviromental Protection Agency Drinking Water Certificate for Inorganic Chemistry & Radiochemistry (EPA)
- Clinical Test Request Form (Form)
- BSB Fee Schedule (General)
- Fee Schedule for Chemistry Analysis (General)