Medical Cannabis Program
The Department of Health has completed the rule changes for the Medical Cannabis Program. The new rules have been adopted by the Cabinet Secretary and will be published in the New Mexico Register on Friday, February 27, 2015, and will become effective on that date.
The rules as adopted include many changes made in response to public comments received during the rulemaking process. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process. Your contributions have benefitted current patients, as well as those who enroll in the future. For your information, copies of the final rules are now available on the Resources page on this site.
The Department anticipates reopening the applications period for non-profit producer applications in the near future. Watch this website for additional information as it becomes available.
Medical Practitioners, Applicants & Qualified Patients
The new rules for the Medical Cannabis Program mean the forms provided must also change. You should begin using the revised Medical Cannabis Patient Application and Medical Cannabis Personal Production Application, along with the Medical Cannabis Patient Info Change or Card Replacement forms now. The new forms have the statement “revised 2/27/15” at the bottom of each page.
The MCP will stop accepting the old forms on April 1, 2015. We encourage everyone to review the new forms and contact the Program if you have questions. Please check this website regularly for additional information and updates.
- Medical Cannabis Licensed Non-Profit Producers Report (Report)
- Medical Cannabis Patient Statistics Report (Report)
- Medical Cannabis Advisory Board Meeting Agenda (Meeting)
- Medical Cannabis License ID Card Request (Form)
- Medical Cannabis Patient Application (Form)
- Medical Cannabis Patient Frequently Asked Questions (Help)
- Medical Cannabis Personal Production Application (Form)
- Medical Cannabis Law Enforcement Fact Sheet (Rules & Regulations)