Medical Cannabis Program
Due to recent changes in application requirements the department of Health has revised the patient application. The current application is available on this website and meets all current requirements. Please begin using this application immediately. The department will accept the prior application, which has a revision date of 2/27/2015, until August 1, 2015. Some of the notable changes include:
- Only one signature is required for each condition.
- Any medical practitioner licensed to practice in the State of New Mexico and who may prescribe and administer controlled substances may sign the medical certification.
- Certifying medical practitioner must be able to submit paperwork supporting the diagnosis.
Medical Providers and enrollees are welcome to contact the Medical Cannabis Program if they have any further questions.
Medical Practitioners, Applicants & Qualified Patients
The new rules for the Medical Cannabis Program mean the forms provided must also change. You should begin using the revised Medical Cannabis Patient Application and Medical Cannabis Personal Production Application, along with the Medical Cannabis Patient Info Change or Card Replacement forms now. The new forms have the statement “revised 2/27/15” at the bottom of each page.
The MCP will stop accepting the old forms on April 1, 2015. We encourage everyone to review the new forms and contact the Program if you have questions. Please check this website regularly for additional information and updates.
- Medical Cannabis Patient Statistics Report (Report)
- Medical Cannabis Licensed Non-Profit Producers Report (Report)
- Medical Cannabis Personal Production Application (Form)
- Medical Cannabis Patient Application (Form)
- Medical Cannabis License ID Card Request (Form)
- Medical Cannabis Patient Frequently Asked Questions (Help)
- Medical Cannabis Law Enforcement Fact Sheet (Rules & Regulations)
- Medical Cannabis Caregiver Application (Form)