Vaccines for Children Program
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) program is a federally-funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of an inability to pay.
Publicly purchased vaccine for eligible children are supplied at no charge to VFC-enrolled public and private providers in all 50 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Where can I get a flu shot?
Most drug store chains offer flu immunizations, as do most primary care physicians as well as local urgent care facilities.
The New Mexico Department of Health offers vaccinations for people without insurance or who are otherwise not able to get vaccinated. Those with Medicaid or other health insurance should bring their insurance cards with them to the clinic.
- The VFC program represents an unprecedented approach to improving vaccine availability nationwide by making federally purchased vaccine available to both public and private immunization providers.
- The program was officially implemented in October 1994 as part of the President’s Childhood Immunization Initiative.
- The VFC program, as a component of each state’s medical assistance plan, is considered a Title XIX Medicaid program.
- Through passage of VFC resolutions, VFC covers vaccines recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
- Medicaid-eligible children and those providers who provide care for the Medicaid population (i.e., Medicaid providers) represent the majority of VFC federally vaccine-eligible children and VFC providers.
- It also includes other VFC program-enrolled providers and the other VFC-eligible children who qualify as federally vaccine-eligible or state vaccine-eligible.
- VFC Operations Manual
- VFC Frequently Asked Questions
- VFC Vaccine Shipments & Order Delivery Protocol
- Vaccine Storage & Handling Toolkit
- VFC Educational Requirements for Providers
- VFC Staff List
Vaccine Screening Forms
These screening forms from the Immunization Action Coalition are useful in identifying patients who should not be vaccinated due to health or age concerns.
Forms & Instructions
- VFC Routine Vaccine Management Plan
- VFC Emergency Vaccine Management Plan
- VFC 2017 New Provider Enrollment Form
- VFC Instructions on Digital Signature and Attaching License
- VFC Provider Staff Training Policy
- VFC Provider Profile Form
- VFC Vaccine Borrowing Form
- VFC Contact Information Change Form
- VFC Provider Supply Order Form
- VFC Vaccine Return Form
- VFC Vaccine Transfer Form
- VFC Troubleshooting Record Form
- VFC Transport Instructions for Refrigerated Vaccines
- VFC Transport Temperature Log Form for Refrigerated Vaccines
- VFC Transport Instructions for Frozen Vaccines
- VFC Transport Temperature Log Form for Frozen Vaccines
- VFC Vaccine Administration Record Form for Children and Teens
- VFC Vaccine Administration Form (Part B) Instructions
- VFC Vaccine Administration Form (Part B)
- VFC Vacuna Forma Administración (Parte B)
- VFC Approved School Sites - Needle, Syringe, & e-kit Order Form
- VFC Vaccine Borrowing Process – Data Exchange Locations
- VFC Vaccine Borrowing Process – Manual Entry Locations
- VFC Adding Frozen Vaccine to Inventory on NMSIIS
- VFC Returning Expired, Spoiled/Non-Viable or Wasted Vaccines in NMSIIS
School Vaccine Administration Forms
- VFC Middle School Vaccination Letter/Permission Form
- VFC Middle School Vaccination Letter/Permission Form (Spanish)
- VFC School Immunization Consent Form
- VFC School Immunization Consent Form (Spanish)
Provider Temperature Log Forms
- VFC Metro Region Temperature Log Form
- VFC Northwest Region Temperature Log Form
Counties: Cibola, McKinley, San Juan, Sandoval, Torrance, and Valencia
- VFC Northeast Region Temperature Log Form
Counties: Colfax, Guadalupe, Harding, Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Santa Fe, Taos, and Union
- VFC Southeast (A) Region Temperature Log Form
Counties: Chaves, Curry, DeBaca, Lincoln, and Quay
- VFC Southeast (B) Region Temperature Log Form
Counties: Eddy, Lea, Lincoln, and Roosevelt
- VFC Southwest Region Temperature Log Form
Counties: Catron, Dona Ana, Grant, Hidalgo, Luna, Otero, Sierra, and Socorro