Flu Shot Clinic in Las Cruces
High-Risk Residents Strongly Encouraged to Attend
The New Mexico Department of Health’s Las Cruces Public Health Office will be hosting a flu shot clinic on Friday, December 16, 2016 @ 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM at St. Genevieve Parish Hall, 1025 E. Las Cruces Ave., Las Cruces, NM. There is no charge to those attending the clinic. Public Health offices throughout the state have vaccines available for those without insurance or who are otherwise not able to get vaccinated. Those with Medicaid or other insurance who go to Public Health Offices are asked to bring their insurance card.
Everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine each flu season, especially people in the following groups because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
- Children 6 months through 4 years of age
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- People age 50 and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- People who are morbidly obese
- Healthcare and early childhood personnel
The seasonal flu vaccine protects against the influenza viruses which are expected to be most common during the upcoming season. Vaccination remains the best protection against influenza.
For more information on the no-charge flu shot clinic, call the Las Cruces Public Health Office at 575-528-5001.
We would be happy to provide additional information about this press release. Simply contact David Morgan at 575-528-5197 (Office) or 575-649-0754 (Mobile) with your questions.
Versión en Español
En un esfuerzo para hacer que nuestros comunicados de prensa sean más accesibles, también tenemos disponibles una versión en español. Por favor presione el enlace de abajo para acceder a la traducción.