Health Systems Epidemiology Program
What is the Health Systems Epidemiology Program?
The Health Systems Epidemiology Program (HSEP) assesses the evolving relationship between the health care system and health status of a population by analyzing the Hospital Inpatient Discharge Data (HIDD), Emergency Department Data (ED) databases, and includes public health surveillance data.
What is the mission of the HSEP?
To assess the health status & health outcomes of New Mexicans through public health data.
What datasets does HSEP manage?
- Health Information System Act Advisory Committee Meeting Cancelled (March 17, 2016)
- Final Rules Published for the HIS Act Advisory Committee (February 15, 2016)
- Heart Disease and Septicemia Top Reasons for Hospitalizations (December 3, 2015)
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Persons with Multiple Chronic Diseases, NM, 2014 (Epidemiology Report)
- Ambulatory Care Sensitive Condition Rates in New Mexico, 2012-2014 (Epidemiology Report)
- Hospital Inpatient Discharge Data 2014 (Health Systems)
- Emergency Department Data Report 2015 (Health Systems)
- Hospital Inpatient Discharge Data 2015 (Health Systems)
- Access to Health Care, Preventive Services, and Health Status, New Mexico, 2012-2015 (Epidemiology Report)
- Emergency Department Data Report 2014 (Health Systems)
- Emergency Department Data Report 2013 (Health Systems)
- Emergency Department Visits due to Opioid Overdose, New Mexico, 2013 (Epidemiology Report)
- HIS Act Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda (Meeting)
- Health Information System Act Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes (2016-12-15) (Meeting)
- Health Information System Patient Satisfaction Survey from CMS (Presentation)
- Health Information System Act Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes (2016-10-06) (Meeting)
- Health Information System Act Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes (2016-11-03) (Meeting)
- Best Methods for Capturing Health Care Costs Presentation (Presentation)