Health facilities and Medicaid Community based waiver provider have two options available to complete background checks.
- Place of employment will check applicants status of the Consolidated Online Employee Abuse Registry (COR).
- If applicant is clear on the COR, the place of employment will send applicant to a livescan vendor.
- Applicant needs to have the Fingerprint Authorization Form or “registration ID” and payment made to 3M Cogent in the amount of $73.30.
- See the Cogent Livescan Fingerprinting Online Services website for more information.
- Results will be returned to NMDOH for processing.
- NMDOH will notify applicant and employer once all documents are processed and if applicant is cleared or disqualified.
Paper Fingerprint Card Method
Care providers must submit a complete criminal history-screening packet for each caregiver for which they are requesting a national criminal history screening (background check).
Each packet requires, among other things:
- Three (3) completed fingerprint cards.
- Copy of governmental issued photograph identification (driver’s license or passport) that meet the requirements of the Immigration and Naturalization Act.
- A signed authorization for release of information form including social security number.
- Fee of $73.30 made payable to New Mexico Department of Health.
Rules and regulations set forth the requirements and procedures for submission of applicant and caregiver fingerprints, payment of fees, and administrative reconsideration for caregivers with prior conviction history. Fees are necessary, as this program does not receive general fund appropriations from the legislature.